Monday, September 26, 2016

#31DC2016 DAY 19: GALAXY - Metalaxy!

Hi Nailiens,
here is a mani for all of you who suck at galaxy nails like I do... These are freaking easy to do if  you have the right material...

This mani doesn't start on the nails. I painted on a piece of plastic (proof if you can peel off dried polish from it, I use a plastic lid of a bucket. If you have a nail art mat you should use it) some a bit bigger than nail size blobs of clear polish. They should be really thick. The next step is while they are still wet drop one drop of a very runny metallic / mirror polish in it. I used Claire's Liquid Metal in "teal" for that. And watch the magic happen. I have sprinkled on silver foil which I ripped into teeny tiny pieces. Let it dry until you can peel it off.
Paint your nails with a base color or as I did with clear polish ( "Ghost" by RdeL young), stick on the decals and smooth them out. Remove the excess by cutting it off and melting the edges with nail polish remover. Seal it in with a glossy top coat.

Hope I wrote this tutorial understandably.


No comments:

Post a Comment