Friday, September 30, 2016

#31DC2016 DAY 23: INSPIRED BY A MOVIE - MULAN

Hi Nailiens,
the theme, I am doing today, is "Inspired by a movie". I chose Disney's Mulan. Did you know that the story is based on a chines poem? Give it a read! 
I didn't draw Mulan or any other character of the movie. This mani is based on the amazing intro. I fell in love with it and the whole movie as a child. I think that Mulan is really underrated... nah, underrated not... more like not on top of many people's minds when they think of a Disney movie.

Ok, enough of that... I started with three thin coats of "Cookies And Cream"  by Ciaté. It is a very sheer cream polish, you really need these three layers.
For the old paper texture, I sponged on "Prima Ballerina", also by Ciaté, with a small distressed piece of a makeup sponge. Then I drew on the design with acrylic paint and this brush by NurBesten.de (it is better than any brush I have ever used :O)
I kid you not, it took me at least five times to do my pinky acceptable... Those smoke patterns are hard to pull off.


Only 8 themes left for on day o,Ó

No comments:

Post a Comment